Saturday, January 25, 2014

Craving Delta Waves

I'm very tired right now. Not the definition of tired used to mean "I've taken all I can take and life just won't quit" but tired in the sense that I haven't had enough sleep in the last 48 hours. I had classes at 8am followed by work until 8pm for two days with no opportunity for naps. I can hear my pillow calling to me even as I type.

This tired is a little different than usual though. In the same way that hunger pangs remind a person that food is amazing and they should go and find some, this sense of tiredness serves to reminds me that university is awesome and I should keep doing it. Tiredness feels good when it is the direct result of expending energy in pursuit of a goal. 

There is something transformative about Passion with a capital "p". Effort isn't a burden: it's investment. Tiredness isn't exhaustion: it's fulfillment. Challenges aren't roadblocks: they're motivation.

Too often we're told, "The things that are worth doing are hard, they take effort!" I feel that there is an important caveat that gets missed. If it's hard, exhausting, heavy and you hate it... than stop. Because while things that are worth doing do take effort, when they're worth doing for you personally the effort doesn't seem so bad.

This post is going to end prematurely because I can't think of anything more to say. I really must sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment